Students have a right to know:
- What financial assistance is available, including federal, state and institutional aid.
- The deadlines for submitting applications.
- What criteria are used to award the various financial aid programs.
- How financial need is determined, including what the Cost of Attendance is.
- What resources are considered in calculating financial need and how other resources affect their need.
- That the information they give to the Financial Aid Office will be treated confidentially.
- Policies for students who withdraw.
- An explanation of the various funds in the financial aid package, including which financial aid programs must be repaid and which do not.
- How they can have their financial need reviewed if their family circumstances have changed.
- How Satisfactory Academic Progress is determined and how it might affect their financial aid eligibility.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Complete a financial aid application on time and accurately. Students must reapply for all financial aid programs annually.
- Provide any additional information requested for the processing of their Financial Aid file (such as Federal tax returns, tax transcripts, verification worksheets, or other documentation).
- Read and understand all forms that they are asked to sign and keep a copy of such forms for their record.
- Use financial aid for educational expenses only.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Inform the Financial Aid Office of any additional Financial Aid they receive such as scholarships, outside grants, assistantship or other educational/tuition assistance.
- Repay all loans according to the terms of the promissory note. Students who default on a loan are not eligible for additional Financial Aid.
- Perform their Federal Work-Study job in a satisfactory manner.
- Know and comply with any refund procedures.
Inform Moraine Park if their personal information changes such as:
- Their permanent or local address
- Their enrollment status (credit load)